Re: Segmentation fault after translation

Dinesh Nadarajah [ Tue, Oct 31, 2000 at 01:40:09PM -0800 ] :
> I am having trouble with Gnome file manager after
> translation. After I launch the file manager,
> everytime I select an item (either with a right mouse
> click or left mouse click), the application stalls and
> displays a segmentation fault error message.

i've had the same problems with my Turkish translation;
 it's because of wrong format specifiers. possibly you've
  translated a %s to a %d -- and: kaboom. That's not nice.

Have a try with msgfmt -c YOUR_PO or msgfmt -vv YOUR_PO.
This should help you, I think.

> Also, I had previously posted a message requesting for
> info. on how to set the desktop font but have not
> received any respose to that? Does anyone know, or is
> it not possible? The font in the other gnome
> applications works well. In file manager, certain
> settings and views works and other don't, for example,
> the right pane uses the Helvatica font when I switch
> to an icon view. All desktop items are always
> displayed in the same font. Help.

The desktop font is defined at compile time in gmc, so
 you can only change it via changing the define before
  compiling gmc from sources.

--
kabalak / kabalak gmx net / Fatih Demir
`-GNOME / ICQ:64241161 / GSM: +491749787080