Segmentation fault after translation

Hi folks:

I am having trouble with Gnome file manager after
translation. After I launch the file manager,
everytime I select an item (either with a right mouse
click or left mouse click), the application stalls and
displays a segmentation fault error message.

This happens only when the translation messages are
used. When standard english messages are uesd, it does
not happen. I am not sure why it would be so. has
anyone else experienced anything like this? There were
no errors reported when I compiled the translations.

Also, I had previously posted a message requesting for
info. on how to set the desktop font but have not
received any respose to that? Does anyone know, or is
it not possible? The font in the other gnome
applications works well. In file manager, certain
settings and views works and other don't, for example,
the right pane uses the Helvatica font when I switch
to an icon view. All desktop items are always
displayed in the same font. Help.

-Dinesh