Re: Productivity suite (was Re: TARBALLS DUE: GNOME 2.11.3 DevelopmentRelease)

On Mon, 2005-06-13 at 10:59 +1000, msevior physics unimelb edu au wrote:

This use of our resources isn't a big deal to me, though it would
probably make things easier. For translation, an online system would
help, such as Mark Shuttleworth showed at GUADEC. However,

> I can see why the GNOME project would want all it's modules in it's own
> CVS. From the AbiWord perspective we would not like to give the ability to
> add developers to the AbiWord commit list as we see fit. We would also
> feel bad about removing developers from our commit list should we be asked
> to remove people upon being hosted at gnome.
>
> In addition we host several other libraries in CVS on our system that may
> not be appropriate for gnome.

We are liberal about granting cvs access and about having all kinds of
modules, though I guess it might become a problem one day. Accounts are
also granted quite quickly these days. It's not like it used to be.

> We also gain a lot from having our bugzilla. We can be quite fine-grained
> about locating the modules associated with the bug and can change the
> granularity as needed.

I have found the bugzilla people very responsive to my requests for
changes.

--
Murray Cumming
murrayc murrayc com