Re: political topic [sorry]

Wed, Mar 24, 2004 at 08:53:47AM +0100, Mathieu Lacage escribió:

>While I do understand the reason why this has been put on the front
>page, it feels to me the Gnome project should avoid such direct
>references to events which do not fall within the scope of issues
>related to free software.

	GNOME is not only a project, GNOME is also a community, and a
community is people. Some of us (members of the GNOME community:
developers, translators and maintainers) are living in Madrid. Some of
us had a terrible day, looking for friends that used to get that train,
for example. I personally would like to thanks the GNOME community
for the support they showed to me (mainly in the IRC).

	In the other hand, the statement on the web site is clearly
no political, and cannot offense anyone, neither the killers. So I
cannot see any problem with it.

	GNOME is a project, a bussiness, millions of line of code, but
it also is the people behind it.

Salu2

Ps: I want that gnome-discussion mailing list da da da! :)

--
Fernando Herrera de las Heras
Onírica: análisis, diseño e implantación de soluciones informáticas