Re: 2.4 Module List and Rationale (aka GEP10 and 11)

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 07:17:08PM +0000, Bill Haneman wrote:
> I haven't the time to get embroiled in this thread, but I think we
> (meaning the free SW community) have our hands full enough without
> further proliferation of web browsers.  Let's concentrate on good
> interoperability and integration of what we have (including
> accessibility), please ?   the Moz folks are working hard on improving
> this, I hope we put effort into supporting them some as well, (i.e.
> helping them get interop right, helping get the ATK stuff exported from
> gecko for embedding) instead of expecting them to come to us.

I'm not saying otherwise, but keeping things flexible can't hurt.

It's in some doubt at the moment that Gecko will continue to have
adequately skillful people working on the core layout engine.  They
may, they may not, it's in flux. Hedging bets doesn't hurt.

It's just yet another reason to use a native shell, on top of the
already (IMHO) pretty good reasons that native widgets are much nicer,
and Mozilla's UI is a mess. If we stick to XUL we'd probably want to
be looking at Phoenix anyhow.

Havoc