Re: CVS migration to subversion?

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 06:18, Bill Haneman wrote:
> Being able to do a local diff is real nice.  But I foresee lots of
> transition pains; also there are a bunch of distro folks doing internal
> CVS, mirrors, etc. because of firewalls and release versioning, etc. and
> there could be significant drag with respect to a switch.  Nobody really
> wants to use 2 different source-management systems for the same project,
> eh?

I agree with the statement that there will be transition pains, and I
don't advocate moving anything a minute before it's the right decision.
I would hope that some (hopefully core) modules would create the impetus
for more to switch over.

Anyway, I think in reality internal mirrors and such will become much
easier, as svn just uses WebDAV and can be used through a standard HTTP
proxy.  I think you'll see people having to jump through fewer hoops to
get the source and make it available to others.

Joe