Re: CVS migration to subversion?
- From: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- To: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- Cc: Peter Williams <peter newton cx>, gnome-hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>
- Subject: Re: CVS migration to subversion?
- Date: 13 Mar 2003 11:18:13 +0000
On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 11:23, James Henstridge wrote:
> ... storing two copies of the source locally in order to be able
> to perform local diffs didn't seem like an acceptable tradeoff.
Sure, source=size is usually not the issue anymore. This is the old
sccs-versus-rcs issue again, isn't it?
Being able to do a local diff is real nice. But I foresee lots of
transition pains; also there are a bunch of distro folks doing internal
CVS, mirrors, etc. because of firewalls and release versioning, etc. and
there could be significant drag with respect to a switch. Nobody really
wants to use 2 different source-management systems for the same project,
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
] [Thread Prev