Re: CVS migration to subversion?

On Thu, 2003-03-13 at 11:23, James Henstridge wrote:

> ... storing two copies of the source locally in order to be able
> to perform local diffs didn't seem like an acceptable tradeoff.

Sure, source=size is usually not the issue anymore.  This is the old
sccs-versus-rcs issue again, isn't it?

Being able to do a local diff is real nice.  But I foresee lots of
transition pains; also there are a bunch of distro folks doing internal
CVS, mirrors, etc. because of firewalls and release versioning, etc. and
there could be significant drag with respect to a switch.  Nobody really
wants to use 2 different source-management systems for the same project,
eh?

--
Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>