Re: GNOME Newsletter...writing and editing
- From: James Henstridge <james daa com au>
- To: Bill Haneman <bill haneman sun com>
- Cc: Mikael Hallendal <micke codefactory se>, Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com>, Calum Benson <calum benson sun com>, GNOME Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>, GNOME Documentation list <gnome-doc-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: GNOME Newsletter...writing and editing
- Date: Thu, 06 Mar 2003 22:53:40 +0800
Bill Haneman wrote:
PDF can be accessible. The newer versions of the PDF standard allow a
document to embed information about the actual text, which is used by
the accessibility code in Adobe's PDF reader and also to allow
reformatting documents for smaller screens.
On Thu, 2003-03-06 at 14:27, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
Perhaps have it possible to subscribe to paper copy and also have it
downloadable as PDF?
I can't help but think we need to provide an accessible format also, and
PDF isn't really that.
If we go with e-distribution, we have some choices of formats (HTML
being the most obvious); if we go for paper, then presumably we'd need
braille copies, ugh.
If you want something that will print nicely on paper, PDF is a much
better choice than HTML.
Email: james daa com au
] [Thread Prev