Re: GNOME Newsletter...writing and editing

tor 2003-03-06 klockan 12.30 skrev Glynn Foster:
> Hey,
>
> > Right... also, what's the distribution medium?  Subscription/email?
> > Web?  How is it intended to be different from reading
> > gnome[desktop].org?  And if it's for developers, can we have a usability
> > column like the M$ newsletter always used to have? :)
>
> Currently the plan is to have this only printed on paper, so that we can
> send it out to the Friends of GNOME. I'd like to think that we could
> also come up with some sort of GNOME membership [whether this is the
> same thing as Friends of GNOME or not], that people would give an annual
> subscription to and would get 4 newsletters posted to them during the
> year.

Have any subscription fees been discussed yet?
What I'm thinking of, will it bring in enough money for the extra hassel
(and lesser readers) that you get instead of having it as a PDF
downloadable?

Perhaps have it possible to subscribe to paper copy and also have it
downloadable as PDF?

I think it's a great initiative but it would be a real shame if we could
get lots of readers (and have a nice way for external people to get a
good picture of the project).

> As I mentioned in an earlier mail, I think we should initially target
> users and sys admins, but I see no reason why we shouldn't include
> developer articles as we move forward. I guess this depends on how
> successful the first couple of issues are.

It would be awesome to have a "developers section" in there with
articles on how to use certain techniques and suchs...

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal
--
Mikael Hallendal                micke codefactory se
CodeFactory AB                  http://www.codefactory.se/