Re: GNOME Newsletter...writing and editing

Hey there,

> First of all, I have a serious concern that the picture of Jeff could
> frighten younger children.

Yeah, I just added that because I was stuck for content for a prototype
to show the board. I'm not suggesting that we expose Jeff to the outside
world just yet. They might not be ready for him ;)

> Second, who is/are the target audience(s) going to be and what sort of
> messages are we hoping to get across to them? Defining that with at
> least a bit of clarity could help.

I think we initially want to target current users, potential users and
corporate customers. I guess at the moment I see the role as another
piece of propaganda advertising GNOME as a real solution for a desktop
environment.  I want to create a picture of the GNOME project being a
really active place where a lot of work is going on and hopefully, that
other people should be a part of - whether that's contributing towards
GNOME's success or simply just deploying it in a school, college,
office, whatever...

If anyone has any other suggestions of who we should be targeting, I'd
be very happy to listen.

> Third, count me in. This sounds like fun.

Excellent! :)

			See ya,
				Glynn :)