Re: Gnotices Archives -> Keep Comments?

<quote who="iain">

> On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 00:59, Jeff Waugh wrote:
>
> > It's cool having an independent one as well as an official one.
>
> I disagree.
> Unless you replace "cool" with "annoying".

gnomedesktop.org is independent from gnome.org, and can say what it wants.
That's cool. It can have it's unofficial support forums and all that kind of
stuff, and have opinion pieces on the news site that are not 'the official
voice of GNOME'. That's great, it keeps us honest.

But then, who speaks for GNOME? A low volume official feed on gnome.org
acting as the official news/voice of The GNOME Project and/or Foundation
(with a defined group of editors) could do that very well.

(There's also a series of newsfeeds in all of the subsites like usability,
docs, etc. that will be integrated into the one publishing system, instead
of being written up in seven different ways, and no way to get at all of
them aside from visiting each area.)

We're still going to have news sources on gnome.org, and we do need an
official voice. That doesn't mean that gnomedesktop.org isn't cool, or will
be sidelined, they just have different purposes.

- Jeff

--
    "I'm taking no part in your merry 5-way clusterfuck - sort that mess
                 out between yourselves." - Alexander Viro