Re: Gnotices Archives -> Keep Comments?

<quote who="iain">

> Just kinda wondering, why does there need to be a new site?
> Can we not just use gnome-desktop.(org|com) and maybe set up a dns
> record so that news.gnome.org or whatever points to it instead?

Well, my interest at this point is getting this stuff up on news.gnome.org
so Google and other links still work.

> If we suddenly say "No we're doing our own official news site", then I
> think we'll annoy quite a few people with "Oh no, not another chance", and
> the new news site will not have the same momentum as gnomedesktop, and
> will look stalled until it does.
>
> Not to meantion all the time the gnomedesktop/gnome-support guys seem to
> have put into a very good enws and resources site.

Yeah, I've spoken to Luke about it, and we've pretty much come to the
conclusion that gnomedesktop.org is an independently driven 'users' site,
whereas a new gnome.org news feed would be 'official news from the GNOME
Project and/or Foundation'.

It's cool having an independent one as well as an official one.

- Jeff

--
   "The beanbag is a triumph of modern day eclectic colourism..." - Catie
                                   Flick