Re: Gnotices Archives -> Keep Comments?

On Fri, 2002-09-27 at 00:40, Jeff Waugh wrote:

> Haha. Good point. As it turns out, it was easy enough to pull them all out,
> just want to process the files so that they can be squashed into new designs
> in the future, etc.

Just kinda wondering, why does there need to be a new site?
Can we not just use gnome-desktop.(org|com) and maybe set up a dns
record so that news.gnome.org or whatever points to it instead?

The main reason I'm asking this is that a news site takes time for it to
gain the correct amount of momentum, and gnome-desktop, while it's still
not there yet, is gaining that momentum. There's 500 registered users o
nthe forums, and a fairly constant stream of good quality articles and
things on the front pages.

If we suddenly say "No we're doing our own official news site", then I
think we'll annoy quite a few people with "Oh no, not another chance",
and the new news site will not have the same momentum as gnomedesktop,
and will look stalled until it does.

Not to meantion all the time the gnomedesktop/gnome-support guys seem to
have put into a very good enws and resources site.

iain
--
"Evil" is a good crowd-puller but a mighty hard enemy to shoot down with
a missile.