Re: GEP 3 - Remote activation in bonobo-activation

> well, I really would like to have this remove activation stuff not
> depend at all on a running X session. That would make impossible to
> activate components in servers which are not running an X session at
> all.
>
> On the other hand, having the daemon able to work via inetd or
> standalone, as many other daemons do, makes a lot of sense.

Unless your daemon has complete built in cryptography, a secure handshaking
mechanism and all the rest you are basically wasting your time. You might
want a seperate encrypted mechanism for talking to components that isnt
X dependant, but you still need the encryption

Alan