Re: GEP 3 - Remote activation in bonobo-activation

> Really? I didn't actually know that. All the systems I've come across in
> the wild seem to have this running, and AFAIK all major distros enable
> one of these two services. But it does make sense that this would go
> quickly when trying to lock a box down for security.

Look harder. Red Hat ships with the services it does enable configured not
to talk to remote hosts. The default high and medium firewall settings
block incoming connections to server ports.

> In any case, I think we're mostly talking about connecting to a server
> here, not a random desktop box.

Unless you have high grade crypto, how do you know what you are connecting
to. How do you know the link isnt compromised. How do you stop someone
attacking the server instead of the client ?