Re: [GNOME VFS] gob inside gnome-vfs ...

On Wed, 2002-06-19 at 00:13, Havoc Pennington wrote:

> Sander Vesik <Sander Vesik Sun COM> writes:
> >
> > Doing this as a dependnacy is definately by far the best way to do this.
> >

> We need some group discussion action before adding dependencies to
> modules.

Gob can be setup as a distribution-building dependency. That's how I set
up acme, that's how pong was setup. Just add the generated files to
EXTRA_DIST.

Gob definitely is a nicer way to write GObjects. No need to write the
gooh-like macros and repetitive code, gob takes care of it. And it's not
needed to compile the code from tarballs, it doesn't affect the user.
IMO, if the maintainer wants to write code using X or Y tool, that's his
problem.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net