Re: Icon love

Hi Owen,

On Fri, 2002-01-18 at 20:20, Owen Taylor wrote:
> OK, I'm sick and tired of this FUD and worry, and all that.

	Me too - either way I was somewhat alarmed, mostly it seems by crossed
wires between Havoc and myself over Key navigation vs. adding
keybindings - in the state of keyboard navigation thread.

> People calm down.
> I have no intention of doing stupid things with GTK+.

	Great.

> What I told Havoc is that:
>
>  "If key binding changes have a chance of breaking applications, I'd
>   rather put them in the 2.2 branch rather than in 2.0.x"
>
> Which I hope makes some sense.

	Lots of sense - ideal; it makes me wonder why I was getting jumpy
really.

> I have every expectation that we'll have a very good level of keynav
> support in 2.0.0.

	Good.

> If there are small fixes to keynav support, ("oops, F6 switches to the
> wrong pane in paned widgets"), then they can certianly go into 2.0.1.

	Excellent.

> What I'd be hestitant to do in 2.0.1 is add completely new bindings on
> keys that we've never bound before; that doesn't mean that we would
> never do it -- if the keys are clearly not keys that apps would be
> typically using, then it should be fine.

	Sure - again I'm reassured that you're reasonable :-)

> Note that accelerators have priority over widget key bindings now, so
> it takes pretty drastic changes to break applications.

	Good. So as Eeyore might have said "There's only 1 problem, there is no
problem"

	Apologies for the confusion,

		Michael.