Re: Icon localization

fre 2002-01-18 klockan 21.20 skrev Alex Larsson:
> > > I am worried this could lead to just over-engineering and it probably is
> > > not worth the effort. If something, we could use A, A, A then.
> > > (Depending on your mailer program, you might not see the example, but
> > > the idea was to use a bolded A, italic A and underlined A)
> >
> > Good idea. However, this does not solve the problem of sort order icons.
>
> Why can't the sort icons say 1->9 and 9->1.

Good question, it's a great idea. The only problem I can possibly
imagine is that users may be expecting these buttons be labeled A-Ö and
Ö-A (in the case of Swedish) from other similar, localized applications.
But maybe the benefit of not having to localize these icons is worth
that potential re-education.

I'd love to hear the Sun localization group's opionon on this whole
thread.

Christian