Re: Iain's 'state the obvious' mail before holidays

Iain Holmes <iain ximian com> writes:

> I'm not advocating either gconf or bconf, I don't know jack about either
> of them. I would like to see technical discussions so someone somewhere[1]
> can make a decision on which one to use, as the current 'ugly
> bastardisation hybrid gconf body/bconf head' plan doesn't sit right with
> me [2].

There actually were technical discussions buried in that long thread,
if you read past the other bits. ;-)

I think the technical bits didn't all make gnome-hackers, try
gconf-list or gnome-components-list archives.

Anyway, AFAIK we are now agreed on what to do for GNOME 2.

Havoc