Re: About GNOME 2.0 - The end of a dream

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> My personal view is that taking one's toys and going home is a bully
> strategy in any discussion. As someone I know once said, "always take
> people up on ultimatums." Either you participate in the community like
> an adult or you leave and do your own thing, but you don't hold
> leaving over people's head as a threat.

Havoc, this was neither an ultimatum nor a thread.

You guys made me GNOME 2 release coordinator one week after some of my
friends here at the university gave me the advice to concentrate more on
my studies instead of hacking on GNOME. I'm already two years behind and at
the moment, I'm only regretting that I did not follow their advice.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)