Re: Bugzilla - making it do usable [hah, perish the thought]

Glynn Foster <glynn foster sun com> writes:
> 	a) Make up a new Keyword for 'Usability'

This is the right way to do it. The reason you want to file
"usability" is to query based on that, right? So make a keyword for
it. Just as we have keywords for "keynav", "API", etc. in GTK+.

The problem with keywords is that they require maintainers to actively
add the appropriate keywords to new bugs as they come in to the
tracker, but not much to be done about that.

> 	b) Make up a new Severity entry for 'Usability'

That's wrong, severity != category.

> I'm open to suggestions...but I think this should be put in
> place before people start porting to the new widget set...because
> that seems about the most sensible time to start addressing usability
> problems.

I think the larger problems are things like: many people are not
actively using bugzilla to track their package, there's no way to move
bugs to eazel.com and ximian.com so we keep just blackholing
Evolution, OAF, etc. bugs...

Havoc