Re: Get gettext 0.10.35 to stop editing po/ChangeLog?

Bruno Haible <haible ilog fr> writes:

> For this reason, it is inappropriate to call gettextize from a script
> like autogen.

After thinking about the matter again I must say, you're right.

We (the GNOMEs) should check in the gettext stuff.  It's not appropriate
every single module depends on local gettext installations.

> You can make a backup of po/ChangeLog and restore it afterwards, if
> you absolutely insist on running gettextize an infinite number of
> times..

Nice work around.  But it's better to check in the gettext files for
reasons you explained :)

--
Linux Frechet 2.4.4-4GB #1 Fri May 18 14:11:12 GMT 2001 i686 unknown
  8:33am  up 7 days, 22:01,  6 users,  load average: 0.05, 0.11, 0.05