Re: Get gettext 0.10.35 to stop editing po/ChangeLog?

James Henstridge <james daa com au> writes:

> On Thu, 31 May 2001, Darin Adler wrote:

> > Anyone know how to get gettext 0.10.35 to stop editing po/ChangeLog?
> > I think I understand the idea of the feature, but it's inappropriate
> > for how we use CVS. It seems to edit it every time I do an autogen.

> I assume that you mean 0.10.36 or 37.  Attached is a patch against
> gettext-0.10.37 that will remove all the po/ChangeLog modification
> code.  Unfortunately, I don't think there is a way to turn off that
> annoying behaviour without modifying gettext.

Maybe we can ask Bruno for help and to change gettextize for the next
gettext release.  gettextize needs to understand a switch like

    --dont-edit-changelog

--
Linux Frechet 2.4.4-4GB #1 Fri May 18 14:11:12 GMT 2001 i686 unknown
  2:45pm  up 3 days,  4:13,  5 users,  load average: 0.03, 0.09, 0.04