Re: I'm starting to wonder .... (was Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action))

On 05 Jun 2001 16:01:17 -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > I'm guessing the issue is actually blocking on what's possible to
> > implement easily, and that's why this thread isn't producing concrete
> > results.
>
> Exactly my feeling.
>
> When I saw someone's proposal yesterday on how to improve Gnotices
> (which I liked), I also realized it would be hard to implement.  And
> then I started thinking on the set of poor tools we have to develop
> web applications, and they I started to realize how little I know
> about Zope, and how I better not say anything because after all it
> might be easy, but it might not be.  So I ended up just adding to my
> TODO list `Research Web Development and Content Management Systems'

This is where I've spent this last twelve months or so. And the results
of my own research point without any doubt to the usefulness of the
Java-XML combination. Nonetheless, I have been subject to negative
criticism a couple of times because of the relative "closedness" of the
virtual machine.

If the paragraph above is not an issue for this working group, there are
several magnificent options for developing web applications and for
managing content. To begin with, http://jakarta.apache.org/

--
"Create like a god,                Bruno Unna <bruno iac com mx>
 command like a king,                   Internet de Alta Calidad