Re: National Website in Japan (pressing for an action)

On Fri, Jun 01, 2001 at 08:54:56PM -0400, Miguel de Icaza wrote:

> > Strangely enough so have the comments on Gnotices gotten a lot better
> > lately. Think the last 4-5 stories have almost been troll/flame free.
>
> Trolls are on finals.  Wait until they have spare time or a flamable
> topic pops up.
>
> Lets get rid of it.  People have been impersonating me on gnotices as
> well, I had someone ask me `Why did you say that?' on e-mail.

  Not so long ago,  I suggested to reuse the advogato engine for our
news site. I still maintains it would be the best cut, it would allow
people with a given ranking to post and generate the excahnge needed
around news while avoiding the trolls. It looks also extremely reliable,
was built by Raph and hence can probably be maintained tuned without
too much troubles.

  IIRC people rejected the proposal saying the diaries should stay
on advogato, I still think having the projects described on the news site
and being able to post specific diaries would be useful. I would do it
in some cases where I would not post on advogato for the same info.

  Anyway I think turning down the possibility for people in general to
provide feedback would be a disaster.

Daniel