Re: My vision of gnome-libs (was Re: GNOME 2.0 meeting summary)

Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
> One important item I did not see mentioned is to remove gnome-config
> and change everything in gnome-libs that uses gnome-config to use
> GConf. The whole central manageability thing that GConf is supposed to
> provide will not work unless GConf is used pervasively.
>
> Fortunately, most of these changes out to be API-transparent except
> for the part of actually removing gnome-config.

When I was playing with this long ago, it looked like some of it would
involve substantial time investment - it's kind of hard to rewrite
something that checks a preference on startup into something that can
change that preference at any arbitrary time.

Havoc