Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

On 14 Apr 2001 13:25:55 -0400, Jon Trowbridge wrote:
> Maybe we could come up with some sort of convention for non-dot
> directories that shouldn't appear in file managers, so that
> Nautilus/gmc/Konquerer don't need to carry around lists.  Maybe
> something like an empty file named "._Hidden_Directory_" inside the
> directory that the file managers could check for?

I think MacOS X has something like .hidefile on a dir that lists the
dirs that should be hidden by the filemanager. Thus no need for a
hardcoded list.

> (I speak only for myself here, of course, and not as an official agent
> of Ximian, Inc.  If Ximian wants me to be their official agent, they need
> to pay me more.)

I guess that is the point of this list anyway ;-)

Tuomas

Tuomas Kuosmanen - Art Director -
Ximian - tigert ximian com -
www.ximian.com