Re: [Nautilus-list] Integration of gmc and nautilus desktop directories.

On 14 Apr 2001 23:14:07 +1000, Jeff Waugh wrote:
> <quote who="James Henstridge">
>
> > Although, adding code that made clicking on the evolution directory start
> > evolution might not be a bad idea if people do use ~ as the
> > desktop.  Don't know about other special directories.
>
> On that note, could someone give me a pointer to the discussion about the
> evolution directory (dot-dir vs. not-dot-dir)? I've been looking for it for
> a while, but last I saw, the Ximian lists weren't searchable.

It occurs every so often on evolution-list.
Basically the evolution hackers argument is that it contains user data
that they might want to look at/move without evolution. Same argument
that other mailers use to explain the not . dir (qv. ~/mail ~/Mail
~/nsmail (although that's editable))

There is talk of having the ~/evolution configurable though IIRC.

iain