Re: Bugs in Bugzilla

"Jacob 'Ulysses' Berkman" <jacob helixcode com> writes:

> > > Hrm. I tend to feel that anyone with an account should be able to change
> > > any bug but that only developers should have accounts. Meaning, you don't
> > > need an account to submit a bug, but you need one to change it. Of course,
> > > I suppose this doesn't really work if you were the submitter and want to
> > > add information. We could probably have a seperate page for adding
> > > information (addition comments, URL, screenshots, whatever) to the bug by
> > > anyone.
> >
> > Bugzilla makes it easy to give different permission levels for
> > changing various things. Personally I think anyone should be able to
> > at least:
>
> We've never had a problem with b.g.o being open...

On the other hand, it is is pretty hidden that bugs.gnome.org is
actually completely open for changes, while with bugzilla it
is a lot more obvious if you go to the bug page and see that
you can modify any option.

The way that Red Hat works it (and I think mozilla too) is:

 - Anybody can change their own bugs (close, change options, etc.)
 - Anybody can add comments to any bug
 - You need to be in a special group to change other people's bugs

Which seems plenty open enough to me, especially if you make
it obvious how to get into the latter group.

Regards,
                                        Owen