Re: Bugs in Bugzilla

Havoc Pennington <hp redhat com> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
> > Bugzilla makes it easy to give different permission levels for
> > changing various things. Personally I think anyone should be able to
> > at least:
> >
> > Cc themselves on a bug report; add a comment to the description; add an
> > attachment; verify or reopen a closed bug

This is already possible without the "can edit all aspects of any bug".

> > Perhaps more controversially it's also useful if you can change the
> > title/summary and add to the "this bug depends on" or "this bug
> > blocks" field.

The "depends on" and "blocks" is also possible without that privilege.

> The only thing I really don't want non-maintainers to be able to do is
> close bugs, I would say. Definitely we want people to be able to help
> file bugs, comment on them, etc. Maintainers though should have to
> verify the bug is fixed.

I think we should keep the default to not give anyone permission to edit
all aspects of any bug, but have a large number of people who can do this.

It should be enough if people can change all aspects on their own bugs,
but not on other people's bugs.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)