Re: Bugzilla for GNOME is ready for Beta test

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> Maciej Stachowiak <mjs eazel com> writes:
>
> > It's way easier to delete bugs than to manually resubmit them,
> > especially with bugzilla. And some people claim their particular
> > modules have mostly good bug reports. Sorry but dropping bug reports
> > silently is totally not acceptable. Please stop suggesting it as if it
> > were a remotely reasonable course of action. Maintainers who really
> > want this can trivially batch-close all the bugs in their module after
> > they get carried over.
>
> Sorry, but I claim to have at least 10 good bug reports in my modules
> which I don't see because there're 200 bad ones and every time I want to
> fix bugs in GTop I need to close another 200 bad ones before I can even
> see them.
>
> It is really not so much work to download all bugs of a package, delete
> all the crap and _then_ pipe the remaining ones through that wrapper
> script.

I just don't see why this is preferrable to deleting the bad ones
_after_ piping things through the wrapper script. In fact, bugzilla
makes it way easier than debbugs does; and it definitely makes it way
easier than editing a text file containing all the bugs.

 - Maciej