Re: Bugzilla for GNOME is ready for Beta test

Martin Baulig <martin home-of-linux org> writes:

> > > 3.) Loop over bugs.gnome.org and migrate all bugs from it.
> >
> > This is extremely important and really really needs to be done. I know
> > a lot of people think that we should just dump all the old bugs, but
> > this would really be a mistake. If we could programatically just
> > import all the old ones, and the maintainers go through them this
> > would be a much better decision.
>
> Why do we need to put all this crap into Bugzilla just to directly remove
> 99.99% of it immediately ?

It's way easier to delete bugs than to manually resubmit them,
especially with bugzilla. And some people claim their particular
modules have mostly good bug reports. Sorry but dropping bug reports
silently is totally not acceptable. Please stop suggesting it as if it
were a remotely reasonable course of action. Maintainers who really
want this can trivially batch-close all the bugs in their module after
they get carried over.

 - Maciej