Re: Bugzilla for GNOME is ready for Beta test

will lashell net writes:

> Why not just bugs.gnome.org? Its going to replace the old system.

Well, as long as bugs.gnome.org exists we can't use that name.

> > So what's now left to do is:
> >
> > 1.) Customize the whole thing (replace the Mozilla logo with the
> >GNOME logo etc.) and write a nice document on how to report bugs.
> >
> > 2.) Report some bugs so we can tweak the configuration a bit (create
> >products, components, keywords etc.)
>
> I would think that using each module as a product would be
> useful. This is one of the better correlations I think.
>
> > 3.) Loop over bugs.gnome.org and migrate all bugs from it.
>
> This is extremely important and really really needs to be done. I know
> a lot of people think that we should just dump all the old bugs, but
> this would really be a mistake. If we could programatically just
> import all the old ones, and the maintainers go through them this
> would be a much better decision.

Why do we need to put all this crap into Bugzilla just to directly remove
99.99% of it immediately ?

It's much better to just keep the old bug tracker alive for some weeks
(while it is already rejecting new bugs) and give the maintainers time to
resubmit the good ones. And if they don't care, we can assume there's
nothing valuable in that module and just dump all bugs.

--
Martin Baulig
martin gnome org (private)