Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 12:59:17PM -0600, Federico Mena Quintero wrote:
> > This is still better than having the applet disappear entirely.
> > Will reduce support calls a lot. Good safety net.
>
> I *do* want the user to complain if the fucking applet is buggy.
> Maybe he can help provide some useful information that will help us
> fix it.  If the applet just restarts, the user will not care enough to
> tell us about the problem.

Dude, the user gets

  1) the crash dialog
  2) a dialog telling him the applet sucks rocks and that it crashed from the
     panel

I think this is annoying enough for people not to accept buggy code.
However, if the maintainer just doesn't fix the problem (as they usually
don't for some time for most applets as most applets are seldom well
maintained), the users at least can somewhat use the applet.

So this is NOT the applet just flashing off and on.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   A clever man commits no minor blunders.