Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

On Thu, Nov 09, 2000 at 02:04:07AM +0100, Tim Janik wrote:
> > I don't think it would be a bad idea to have a more "locked down" mode
> > for the panel, where a fixed set of applets is automatically
> > maintained, and you can't remove those locked applets.
> >
> > This along with letting sysadmins configure the applets the
> > locked-down mode contains would be a useful feature for 2.0.
>
> i'd rather see the panel featuring automatic restarts for
> certain applets, that's easier for end-users to figure
> than "why the heck can't i remove this pplet?".

Just committed to HEAD a hack that will ask the user if he wants to reload an
applet that has quit without removing itself from the panel properly or being
removed from the panel.

I'm not exactly sure that it's 100% reliable as in if it wouldn't ask in a
situation that doesn't make sense to reload.  If it's all ok, I might
hardcode some id's in there for some applets to just reload without even
asking.  Though this way you can't get into a crashing loop.  (the user can
just stop it at any time).

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   History will be kind to me for I intend to write it.