[jirka 5z com: Re: KDE 2.0 impressions]

Oh sorry about the duplicated g-p message, I'm figuring out the intricacies
of mutt.

So here's the "reposting" as per alan's request

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Never interrupt your enemy when he is making a mistake.
On Sat, Oct 28, 2000 at 06:00:24PM +0000, Iain wrote:
> > Nice stuff: the "now loading" indicator in the task bar. I wonder
> > whether it only works when loading KDE applications? We should try to
> > cobble up something similar...
>
> http://www.lysator.liu.se/~altic/projects/xalf/
>
> does exactly that I think.
> The author or someone keeps asking can it be added to the main core get it packaged somehow
> but I've never seen any response from people.

xalf is bad and evil.  It will only check for ANY window mapped and be happy
after this.  This makes the indicator somewhat useless.  If you launch
multiple things or are doing something else, it will just report the app
being loaded before it actually is.

George

--
George <jirka 5z com>
   Beat on the brat, beat on the brat, beat on the brat, with a baseball bat.