Re: tasklist applet, shared library version.

> On Sun, Nov 05, 2000 at 04:22:06PM -0500, Miguel de Icaza wrote:
> > This patch makes the tasklist applet a shared library, it does support
> > multiple instances of the applet.
> >
> > There is one known bug on deactivation that I will fix later.  I think
> > we should ship this as a shared library instead of a full blown
> > process (same applies to the deskguide).
>
> Tasklist is somewhat reasonably stable, but NO WAY am I accepting a shlib
> patch for deskguide, until deskguide is more stable.  It still crashes every
> once in a while (it's rare but it happens).

I totally agree here.  I've had it crash many times it's some wierd
interaction between sawfish and the applet.  I haven't determined what it
is yet.   Once I can get it to crash reliably I should be able to submit
a bug report.

> If deskguide crashes it's somewhat ok (well not really, it sucks badly, but
> not AS badly), if the whole panel crashes, that is bad.

Yep, crashing the panel is bad.

	sri