Re: [rvl-devel] Re: Revelation 0.1.0 released

On Thu, 2004-01-22 at 17:08, Ole Laursen wrote:
> > Ok, right... Well, since it's not tree-structured I don't think I will
> > be writing Revelation as a front-end for it - a tree structure is very
> > handy when organizing even a moderate number of accounts.
>
> I think a standard solution to the organisational problem with flat
> databases is to introduce an instant search facility so you just type
> in a substring of the description, and get the list of matches
> instantly. This gives you the added bonus that people don't have to
> spend time on actually organising the keys - they can simply type it
> in and forget about it. So the UI is simpler.

Hm, it's an interesting concept. However, I think I prefer a
tree-structure, since it gives an easier overview of your accounts, and
you can easily find accounts even if you don't remember an attribute
value for it.

But when and if I do the gnome-keyring frontend I will definitely keep
your suggestion in mind. Since it's a flat structure anyway it's really
the only sane thing to do :)

--
Erik Grinaker <erikg wired-networks net>
http://erikg.wired-networks.net/

enthusiastic about."
                                                      -- Albert Einstein