Re: Two new projects in the CVS and 5th Toe

On Wed, 2003-09-03 at 16:04, Seth Nickell wrote:
> Is there a problem this is solving? More barriers (to integration /
> cross module work / casual fixes) does not seem like something we really
> need right now.

I think it would be a good idea. I haven't seen the handhelds.org
system, but things could basically be as simple as a file in each
directory that could contain a line ALL or a list of people with
commit rights.

Then you give some generous set of people (release team, etc) rights
to commit everywhere.

I've almost never wanted to commit something for the first time to
a module without asking the maintainer for an OK first.

Certainly, we've had very few problems, but along with ssh for
CVS, detached signals for tarballs (*), etc, it's one of those
things we should be doing to show the world that we are serious
about the integrity of the software we produce.

Regards,
						Owen

(*) This one is rather more difficult because it involves key
    management issues but eventually I'd like to see it