Re: Two new projects in the CVS and 5th Toe

ons 2003-09-03 klockan 20.37 skrev Martyn Russell:

> >>I totally disagree with all of this. Some minimal resources on
> >>cvs.gnome.org costs us nearly nothing. Most projects like these are
> >>small and don't generate a huge amount of traffic, so the cost to the
> >>gnome project is very low. However, the gain of goodwill from developers
> >>is immense (in fact, its the only thing of lasting value the gnome
> >>project has).

I totally second Alex on this one.

> So do contributors still need a unique application before it is admitted
> to Gnome?
> Should Gnome's CVS host more than one project that covers a the same
> ideas and goals?

I don't think we should have any such requirements and I think that
GNOME Jabber is definitely a project that should be in GNOME CVS if the
maintainer (which he obviously) wants it.

> Currently there already is another application (Gossip) which Gnome
> hosts.  I am helping the Mikael and Richard (from Imendio) develop
> Gossip, but would like to continue Gnome Jabber at the same time.

And since you need to have an account to be able to hack on Gossip you
should ask for it right away. :)

Regards,
  Mikael Hallendal

--
Mikael Hallendal                micke imendio com
Imendio                         http://www.imendio.com