Re: Minutes of Gnome 2 release team meeting (late): 2002-05-17

On Wed, May 29, 2002 at 01:29:12PM +1000, Malcolm Tredinnick wrote:
> On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 06:51:44PM -0500, Eric Baudais wrote:
> > There are 4 requirements you need to have a running doc system.
> >
> > 1) You have the DocBook DTD V4.1.2 installed on your system.
> > 2) You have the XSL stylesheets V1.48 installed on your system.
> > 3) You have a XML catalog.
> > 4) You have the stylesheets and DocBook DTD registered in the XML catalog.
> >
> > You should be able to check these 4 requirements through use of libxml2 and
> > some simple scripts.
>
> That's not quite everything. You also need to have a working
> scrollkeeper setup with the contents file filled in correctly.

I know that scrollkeeper needs to be setup.  Yet scrollkeeper is a dependency
of libgnomeui.  So getting scrollkeeper working is a requirement of the
GNOME 2 infrastructure as well as the doc system.  That is why I didn't
include it.

Dan also wants to use XML catalogs to lookup the OMF DTD to validate OMF files
that scrollkeeper uses.  That is another discussion though.

Eric Baudais