Re: Minutes of Gnome 2 release team meeting (late): 2002-05-17

On Tue, May 28, 2002 at 01:05:52AM +0200, Mikael Hallendal wrote:
> tis 2002-05-28 klockan 00.43 skrev Malcolm Tredinnick:
> > Here's what I have jotted down in my "how to sanity check a GNOME 2
> > setup" folder (and before anybody asks, yes I am putting it in a
> > document and yes I will put it in CVS when it's done). These are things
> > that can be done from a shell script, so you can probably modify as
> > appropriate for inside Yelp.
>
> Heh, if all of this has to be done something is wrong (you also have to care
> about the fact that the user might very well have the xmlcatalog file in
> his $HOME). So just checking /etc/xml/catalog will not be enough.

This is exactly the sort of thing that I'd like to hear more about.
There is obviously going to be debate on how we solve the problem,
but can someone with the know how please make a list of the steps
necessary to test the setup ?  Sander you and I were going to look
into this.

Daniel, I'm sorry but I disagree with your assumption that all
distros will be compliant and ready for the gnome2 roll out.  If we
want help to work on a reasonable time scale we are going to need a
way to:
    1) ensure that the docs system is correctly configured for
    gnome

    2) Supply or provide pointers to the missing/broken bits.