Re: Enter the build sheriff: Jacob.

On Thu, 2002-03-14 at 11:08, Daniel Veillard wrote:
>   Sorry, I didn't see the serious breakage, nor any complaint from
> other core projects maintainers that this may have been broken [1].
> In both cases this was about python modules which may not have build in
> some circumstances.  No core project relies on those modules. I don't see
> either how this would have hampered the progresses of other modules. No
> really ...

Snapshots require everything to build. If snapshots cannot be built, we
have ~0 testing. If we have no testing, we aren't /ever/ going to get to
gnome2.0. Period. That makes any build breakage in core modules
extremely severe for the GNOME community.

I know your response, Daniel, is going to be that 'I don't think that
gnome2 testing being broken is severe.' I wish I knew how to change your
mind on that, but I don't. All I can do is insist that testing and
buildability is (or should be) extremely important to the hundreds of
other people out there using snapshots and CVS, and I wish you'd
consider their needs as well as your own.

Luis