Re: Enter the build sheriff: Jacob.

Alan Cox <alan redhat com> writes:
> Could have fooled me. If we had ACL's Seth would be read only in every
> piece of code I owned by now.
>
> My code also has a HACKING file. No sherrifs. It's staying that way because
> I don't trust the UI devel people, and because I have other considerations
> than Gnome 2.
>
> Daniel has not only done more for Gnome than you have, he's done more for
> Gnome than you *think* you have.

I do think Seth has better UI judgment than most of us Alan, with all
due respect. ;-) The UI team has made a huge overall improvement to
GNOME, despite some controversial decisions. GNOME 2 is really moving
in the right direction.

However Seth there's really no point flaming Daniel, remember that his
project has lots of non-GNOME customers. Daniel is right that the
build sheriff agreement was only for some modules.

> Yes no the left, No on the right. And if you won't fix it I will
> be releasing "sane-gnome"..

I agree with you, but occasionally disagreeing with the UI team is the
price of having a consistent UI. As long as we don't have really
fundamental disagreements about the overall goals of the thing.

Havoc