intltool 0.17 is available

A new release of the intltool package is available. The intltool package
is a set of tools for translating the contents of data files using the
gettext translation framework.

Because of the ability to depend on a specific version of intltool, most
intltool and xml-i18n-tools users will want to upgrade.

Since we didn't announce 0.16 I will bring the changes from both
releases.

Some of the changes in intltool since version 0.16:

   - Improved the option checking code and fixed some bugs at the same
     time (Darin)
   - Treat directories starting with po- as being translation
     directories (Kenneth)
   - Improved the Perl version check (Stefan Kost)
   - Made it possible to depend on specific intltool releases
     (Kenneth, ERDI Gergo, Frank Belew)
   - Updated manual pages, plus added a new one for intltool-update
     (Stefan Kost, Kenneth)
   - Fixed the rule for ".ui" files, that was only half done
     (Darin, Kenneth)
   - Better error messages when we encounter an old cache file (Darin)
   - Handle C comments in intltool-update --maintain (Darin)
   - Don't merge fuzzy translations (Darin)
   - Handle XML tags inside translatable messages extracted from XML
     files (Sven Neumann)

Some of the changes in intltool since version 0.15:

   - Add INTLTOOL_ICONV environment variable to specify which iconv
     executable (Darin)
   - Put translations in the database even when msgstr is identical
     to msgid (Darin)
   - Add glade2 support (James Henstridge)
   - Update intltool-merge man page (Stefan Kost)
   - Fixed intltool-update bugs introduced in 0.15 (Darin)
   - Handle strange package names without screwing up (Ole Laursen)

You can find the source code for intltool 0.17 on gnome ftp:

    <ftp://ftp.gnome.org/pub/GNOME/stable/sources/intltool/>

If you have problems with intltool, please report bugs at
bugzilla.gnome.org.

    -- Kenneth