looking for co-maintainer for intltool

The intltool package is a collection of scripts to help localize data files.
It's a hack built on top of gettext. It's pretty heavily used, mainly
because there's no better solution. But it's a set of poorly documented
scripts, with lots of different options -- some for translators, some for
builds.

There's also a side issue that intltool is currently all perl scripts, but
there's a documentation-related tool in there, that's C code contributed by
Jonathan Blandford and Daniel Veillard that we might want to use of in the
future. Also, we may want to do some more of it in C to make it do a better
job parsing XML, although there are some good reasons not to do that. So
there's a bit of a headache there, figuring out whether or not it has, for
example, a glib and gnome-xml dependency, and whether it has to stop being a
"noarch" package. One nice thing about intltool up until this point is that
it worked perfectly well in either an all-Gnome1 world or an all-Gnome2
world. Kinda universal, like pkgconfig is.

I'm trying to make sure I'm not the single point of failure for any of the
Gnome packages. And although Kenneth Christensen was the original author of
the scripts, and he does lots of work on intltool, he's not really acting as
a maintainer. And Maciej isn't either.

So I'm looking for a volunteer.

Ideally, you know perl well, know m4 and autoconf/automake well, are
involved in Gnome, and know a lot about gettext and what translators
actually do in practice. And you have a cool head and are good at making
decisions.

Please send me private mail if you are interested.

    -- Darin