Re: Alt and Meta (Was: Nautilus bugs and design choices)
- From: Owen Taylor <otaylor redhat com>
- To: "Liam R. E. Quin" <liam holoweb net>
- Cc: Gnome Hackers <gnome-hackers gnome org>, GNOME Desktop Hackers <desktop-devel-list gnome org>
- Subject: Re: Alt and Meta (Was: Nautilus bugs and design choices)
- Date: Fri, 12 Jul 2002 08:56:34 -0400 (EDT)
"Liam R. E. Quin" <liam holoweb net> writes:
> On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 20:44, Gregory Merchan wrote:
> > I've not seen Multi_key work in any version of gnome-terminal for 2.0
> > packaged by Debian. It works for me in Gtk+-2.0 widgets.
> Same here on Mandrake cooker. I am told that it may work if recompiled
> with vte instead of zvt but that then other (unspecified) things
> might break.
> Owen - sorry, compose does work in gedit; it also works in the
> preferences editor in gnome-terminal -- e.g. for the profile name
> text field. But it doesn't work in gnome-terminal itself, which is
> what Iuse most of the time.
> LANG settings appear not to affect this, neither before starting X nor
> when starting oafd or gnome-terminal.
Ah, yes, not suprising that it doesn't work with libzvt. If
you build gnome-terminal with vte instead, input methods work
reasonably nicely. (I suspect GNOME will switch over to defaulting
to vte at some point.)
gnome-hackers mailing list
gnome-hackers gnome org
] [Thread Prev