Re: Nautilus bugs and design choices

On Mon, 2002-07-08 at 13:50, bordoley msu edu wrote:

> >     Disadvantages:
> >       Because of window size and position changes spatial relationships
> >         are lost.
> >       Back, foward, up, down, history, and so forth need to be supported.
> >

> Are you basically refering to single window mode. I use this all the time.
> The browser arrows are very useful especially when using nautilus for remote
> locations (ie. ftp if it worked well).

Also now that we have working key navigation it is very nice to use the
single window mode: Alt-arrows work great:

        * Alt-down opens (goes down into) a folder
        * Alt-up backs up one level
        * Alt-left goes back in history
        * Alt-right goes forward in history.

This is also consistent with what Mozilla does, so it is all good.

I think this, along with the realization that I have too much stuff to
browse it with separate window for each folder, led me to use single
window mode :)

Tuomas

--
:: :: Tuomas Kuosmanen  :: Art Director, Ximian :: ::
:: :: tigert ximian com :: www.ximian.com       :: ::