Re: Nautilus bugs and design choices

On Wed, 2002-07-10 at 12:20, Calum Benson wrote:
> On Tue, 2002-07-09 at 20:07, Tuomas Kuosmanen wrote:
>
> > Also now that we have working key navigation it is very nice to use the
> > single window mode: Alt-arrows work great:
> >
> >         * Alt-down opens (goes down into) a folder
> >         * Alt-up backs up one level
> >         * Alt-left goes back in history
> >         * Alt-right goes forward in history.
> >
> > This is also consistent with what Mozilla does, so it is all good.
>
> Unfortunately, it clashes horribly with metacity, which uses
> Alt+left/right to switch workspaces :/

No, they were changed Ctrl+Alt+arrow some millenia ago.

Let's see...

2002-05-05  Anders Carlsson  <andersca gnu org>

        * src/metacity.schemas: Fix a spelling error and change
        switch_to_workspace_up and switch_to_workspace_down to use
        Ctrl+Alt since Nautilus uses Alt now.
2002-05-02  Bastien Nocera  <hadess hadess net>

        * src/metacity.schemas: change the default for
switch_to_workspace_*
        to be <Control><Alt>arrow as just <Alt>arrow collides with some
apps
        (especially web browsers)

Here you go. Oh, yeah, it was 2 months ago. whatever.

--
/Bastien Nocera
http://hadess.net