Re: Alt and Meta (Was: Nautilus bugs and design choices)

For the record, it seems Red Hat 7.3 has bound the "logo" keys to Super,
and the "oven" :-) key to Menu. Which means the "logo" keys do
essentially nothing in any apps I use :-) -- had to xev that one.

Aside: Dunno if it's a "bug" or a feature I don't understand, but the
GNOME 2 "Keyboard Shortcuts" tool (current Ximian "preview") seems to
disallow setting shortcuts with "Super." (e.g. can't set "Super+Print"
as "screenshot")

On Thu, 2002-07-11 at 12:25, Liam R. E. Quin wrote:

> I agree with jlbec that you can't rely on people having these keys;
> you also can't rely on them being unused.

Would be really nice to have something to define e.g. "I want to give
this modifier to my WM, and this one to apps," since this does vary so
widely even on one reported keymap - e.g. all the variants on the
"pc-104" keyboard we're speaking about. But that would mean monkeying
with apps, GTK+, and each WM, right?

(Thinking of the old YDL remapper to mess with Cmd/Option mapping)